The Virtual Congress Registration Fee includes:
Credits for Continuing Medical Education (EACCME)
The 5th Congress of the Swiss Academy of Ophthalmology (SAoO 2021 Virtual), Online, 03/03/2021-05/03/2021, has been accredited by the European Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (EACCME®) with 16 European CME credits (ECMEC®s). Each medical specialist should claim only those hours of credit that he/she actually spent in the educational activity. The ECMEC®s are awarded on the basis of 1 ECMEC® for one hour (60 minutes) of educational activity with a maximum of 8 ECMEC®s per day.
Accreditation by the EACCME means that the CME/CPD activity provided is of high scientific value, is free of commercial bias and promotes active adult learning.
* To benefit from the discounted rate as Medical Resident, you must upload a proof certifying your resident status such as a student card or an official document from your hospital/clinic. The file (PDF, Word, Image, max. 1MB) must be uploaded during the online registration, so please have the document ready before you start the process.
Members of the Swiss Academy of Ophthalmology can register for the congress at a discounted fee.
You can select to become member of the association during the online congress registration and directly benefit from the member rates for the congress.
As a member of the association you will also:
- Support the SAoO Foundation through your collaboration.
- Receive significant savings on registration on all Academy congresses, educational meetings and courses.
- Contribute to new projects aimed at improving ophthalmic care in Switzerland, for example, the development of the OMPA project (Ophthalmological Medical Practice Assistance), a 7-8 month course offering specific training for assistants in ophthalmic medical practice.
- Become member of a unique network of ophthalmologists and other eye-care professionals.
- Support the organization of highly formative congresses and webinars.
- Promote young talents.
Become a Member of SAoO
Registration terms and conditions
All registrations must be received via our secure online form.
The following payment options are available:
- Payment by credit card: Payment by credit card (Visa, Eurocard/Mastercard or American Express) to be processed online via the secured online payment system. For security reasons the congress secretariat does not charge credit cards from their office manually.
- Payment by bank transfer: Should you select to pay by bank transfer, upon completion of the online registration process, you will automatically receive an outstanding invoice for your registration fees by email. This invoice includes all payment instructions as well as your registration number to mention as reference of the payment. Until payment is received in full, the registration will be held on “optional” status and cannot be confirmed.
Upon completion of your online registration, you will receive a confirmation by email. The confirmation is sent to the email address provided on the online registration form, it will show whether we have received your payment and will include an invoice. Only digital versions of invoices will be sent. The invoice will be issued using the contact details provided on the registration form, so please make sure you have provided us with the correct information.
Further information on how to access the virtual congress platform will be provided closer to the congress dates. In the meantime, you can find some useful information about the technical requirements here.